Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thankful Hearts and a Non-Paper Craft

Finally, after 10 months, I got a chance to create a card with Jen's Sketch for You to Try. I had these papers in my "use it up" pile. See, Cindy sent me boatloads of stuff when I first started stamping and I am still working my way through it all! Thanks, Cindy!! I'm using it so I can order more stuff :)

The papers are from SU! and the sentiment is a MAMBI rub-on. It is part of a pack of Thanksgiving rub-ons that I'm slowly using up (do you see a theme here? I am earnestly trying to use what I have!). The hearts are cut from the Verve hearts die.

I've been busy in the craft room, just not always making cards the last few weeks. Carter started a Kids' Day Out program 2 days a week, and needed a nap mat. I first got one of the cheap vinyl ones at Target, but it's already starting to crack. Plus, so many kids have cute soft roll-up mats, I got a pattern from a friend and went at this one.

It took forever to finish because I kept making mistakes, then broke the spool pin on my sewing machine and had to order a replacement. Finally, two whole weeks and hours of work (but only 2 extra trips to the sewing store!) later, it is done! I was so happy when I stitched that last stitch on the buttons. He loves it and it's so cute! If I ever have to make another one, it will be so easy after all the mistakes I learned from with this one :) Not pictured is a pillow that attaches to the top that matches the fleece blanket. Yes, the pillow should be integrated, but that's one of the mistakes, LOL. Here is the tutorial should you want to make one of your own. Just remember - measure twice, cut once!


Lots more cards in the hopper to be posting. Can you believe we're getting into the holiday season here so soon! Hope you are enjoying some great fall weather wherever you are! Thanks for looking!

No comments: