Monday, December 13, 2010

Gift Card Book



I am quite pleased with myself for coming up with this one on my own. I needed a holder for multiple gift cards, and didn't want to make a bunch of the standard ones. So, looking through my stash of stuff, I found that coasters are just the right size for adding a pocket and slipping a gift card inside! I used 3 coasters here, covering them all with papers from the MME pack I've been nibbling away at this season. The pockets are essentially scraps of red card stock that I trimmed with the scallop edge punch. A gift card will fit horizontally or vertically, but it's a little snug horizontally. To bind the booklet together, I added some silver eyelets to each coaster and tied them with some thin white ribbon. So easy, really!

Are you all getting ready for the holidays? I have been mentally buried since Thanksgiving with getting everything together, but the end is in sight. I just felt so unorganized this year and like I was moving in slow motion. However, the cards have been mailed, the packages have gone via Fed Ex, and the goody bags are just about finished for Justin's class. Two more card packs to make for my mom to give away and I'm DONE!! Well, except for wrapping for hubby and the boys...

I hope you are able to slow down and enjoy the holidays. They always seem to pass in such a mad rush! All the best to you! Thanks for looking!

No comments: