Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ahhh, Summer!

Warning - the first half of this post is not stamping-related, so scroll down if you only want the stamped goods!

Here's what I picked up at the Farmer's Market on Sunday: fresh mozzarella, fresh bread, tomatoes, green beans, garlic, carrots (with the greens still attached), green peppers and potatoes. YUM! The garlic is so potent, I made a batch of hummus using only one clove, and you'd better have mints handy after eating it :)
Before work today, I picked a couple of big zucchini from the garden. We have one tomato that is about to turn red, and something is eating my eggplant!! Seriously, one plant is half gone and another had an eggplant that *would* have been ready now, but some critter had dinner with it before I could! UGH...For dinner tonight I had a sandwich with hummus and cucumbers and lettuce on the bread I purchased Sunday. I could eat like that every night, but only do when DH is out of town. I feel like I have to serve him some meat each night, or I'm failing in my wifely duties.
Now on to the stamping - I participated in the Divine Secret Siblings swap on SCS this past round. It has been tons of fun spoiling my "little Sis" each month with treats. This month, it is reveal time. I made a little package for her and included this criss-cross box filled with Tootsie Rolls and this Post-It Holder. The pad inside is a "B" for her name and I made a buckle closure for the pad holder. I only used a few sheets of Elegant Eggplant CS and some scraps of dp, and white cs. The stamps are Verve, Filigree Fantasy. I added some bling and sparkle with my white gel pen and Gelly Roll Stardust pen, and also a crystal brad in the centers of each main image. I hope she likes them!
OK, off to bed now. I'm exhausted after working today and yesterday. Why is it so hard to come back from vacation??
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Annapurna said...

I thought these from your garden until I read the post. Refreshing to have fresh green veggies, right?

I guess you are not my big sis then :-) Can't wait to receive my reveal card. Very nice.

Terra said...

Hi, your veggies look scrumptious. I see you work in a library; me too.
Being a reader and a writer, I am happy to say that my first book is being published in Sept.
Keep up the stamping and gardening,
Terra