Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back To Challenges This Week...

I love Mary Jo Price-Williams' sketches on Mondays, and I always copy them with the intention of completing them. Then Sunday night comes and it's too late. BUT, this week I made it a priority to finish a card for her Monday Lunchtime Sketch #28, and here it is:Stamps are Verve, Asian Flair and Floral Whimsy. This sentiment is the reason I bought the whole Asian Flair set. And the components of Floral Whimsy are just too fun not to play with. Who doesn't love flowers and vases that can be mixed and matched?? The dp is Provo Craft, Baby Green Swirlies on Pink. Inks are Whispers Whisper Pink and Versamark. I used the poppin' pastels technique which I have not done before. It's great how the color jumps out on the Versamark! The ribbon is from my stash, but I do believe it is SU! The scalloped circle is made with Nesties and the Cuttlebug, and I also used the glaze pen and Stardust Gelly Roll to add a little pizazz to the flowers and the scallops.

I hope you like it, and I hope you check out the Monday Lunchtime Sketches. There are always great players! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Very pretty! I too love that sentiment. I also love the sparkle you added to the flowers. Great card, thanks for playing.

Jami said...

Great card.