Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hoppy Birthday, Mason!

I actually produced two cards in a row! Does that mean I'm on a stamping streak? Let's hope it continues through the weekend...

Sunday is my best friend's son's birthday. He is turning 5, and I'm sad that this card probably won't arrive in his mailbox until Monday. I used the sketch from TechnoStamper and the SCS Ways to Use It challenge for today, which was to use plaid.

I mounted the panels on True Thyme cs, and the plaid is old Chatterbox Olive Den Plaid. The blue is Bazzill, I'm pretty sure, but who knows what the color name is! Stamps are the Billy set from Pink Cat Studio. I paper pieced the shirt and colored the rest with Prismacolor pencils. His skin is colored with a Copic, but I haven't found the perfect flesh tone coloring medium yet. Circles are cut using Nestabilities and the twill tape and twine are from my stash, as is the eyelet.

I hope he likes it! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

MJ said...

How fun, love the paper piecing and the frog on the tag is the perfect touch. What a great card for a young boy. Thanks for playing along.

Leciawp said...

very sweet!