Thursday, March 4, 2010

Never Give Up



I'm still not sure if I like this card, even letting it sit over night. What's the problem? Maybe it's the yarn on the kite body that's rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe it's the bright yellow that is contrasting my cranky mood, making me almost smile when I don't feel like it? Who knows. Maybe it's the laundry that I know is waiting to be put away as I write this post!!

Anyway, this is for the EONAC this week - to use ribbon bits. I have TONS of ribbon bits because I'm too cheap to throw anything away! Seriously, you should see the tiny scraps of stuff I have in jars and bowls in my craft room :) You'd think I grew up in the Great Depression or something. The sentiment on this card is from Verve Stamps, Believe set. Julee donated $10 of each of these sets purchased to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation. I love it - it has some beautiful flowers and of course the cancer ribbons that you can make in any color, along with Julee's great sentiments!

Well, I'm off to take advantage of nap time. Who knows how long it will last today. I hope you're all having a good day! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Susie said...

I love your card, Melissa. If you want, you might try snipping off the last two bows and just making the kite tail shorter. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your idea of using the ribbon bits on the tail. Wonderful card - love that sentiment, too. I've got 4 loads of laundry that's been on my couch for two days, waiting to be folded and put away. My husband is very patient about it even when he sees me at my craft table for hours instead of doing household things.

Allison Rankin said...

That is just brill! I so love this idea esp. with that fun BG DP! I think Sue's suggestion is a good one...it might balance the white space from top to bottom! Thanks for your continual plays...it is so nice to have you always around!

Beverly G said...

Don't over think it girl, go over to 52-Card Pickup, your card would fit her challenge, Start Anew, I consider that never giving up.OK, next creation.