Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My First Tilda

The Stamping Gals have issued their first weekly challenge - Out of the Box. I am entering this card because it contains several elements that are outside my usual comfort zone. I used the bright orchid paper, watercolored my image, and also cut out the image and layered her on pop-dots for dimension. Not to mention the microbeaded heart that I have used only once before, despite the hearts being in my stash forever! I hope they like it!

I have seen these Tilda stamps around and have not ordered any for myself. Then Karin sent me some stamped images for my birthday. Some of them are stamped on watercolor paper, and this Tilda was SO fun to watercolor!!


She is sitting upon a micro-bead and glitter covered heart, which doesn't show up well against the scalloped rectangle. It looks kind of like a purple heart cloud to me. But IRL it's nice and sparkly :)

The sentiment in the upper right corner is from Verve. The dp is from a great K & Co pad in my stash. Tilda is mounted on foam tape for dimension. Karin sent more images, and I can't wait to color them. I have the new Bic Mark-It markers that I haven't tried yet. My poor Prismacolor pencils are getting dusty as I play with watercoloring and other coloring media.

Don't forget to go HERE for blog candy in celebration of my blogaversary!! Have a good day. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Your Tilda is so cute! Great job water coloring. I love those micro beads. Thanks for playing.

Annapurna said...

Lovely card Melissa. I like the way you sat her on top of the heart. Nice coloring too.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card, Tilda looks so cute sitting on the heart....love the colours too x