Friday, July 10, 2009

Bedding Inspired Thank You

My in-laws sent me a gift card to a craft store for my birthday earlier this week, and I wanted to make a special Thank You card for them. In yesterday's mail, there was a Bed Bath and Beyond flyer that has this bedding on the cover:




I just think the colors are gorgeous and cheery, so I set out to use them this morning. But can you believe (gasp! Horror!) that I don't own a fleur de lis stamp? In all the stamps I have, that is one that I'm missing. I might have to hop over to PTI later and remedy that situation :)

Instead, I used Verve's Filigree Fantasy. The striped strips are from SU! Happiness and the sentiment is MFT. I used Gable Green ink and the Aqua petal from my Colorbox set that I have had forever. The papers are from the craft store and the flowers are Primas. For some reason, the colors are a bit washed out in the photo, but I'm too lazy to go somewhere else to take another pic. How bad is that?

Well, we have a lunch date at 12, and I have some other things to get done before we go. If you choose, please make a card using this bedding as inspiration and post it here in the comments! I'd love to see what you come up with :) Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

craftyrachel said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous card you made, as is the inspiration! My daughter is ga-ga over aqua and lime right now. I'll have to show her the bedspread.