Friday, January 22, 2010

A Day Late and a Challenge Short

I have been thinking about the new challenge, hosted by the Allison and pals, all week. The challenge is called Everything Old is New Again and you are to use an old stamp set that has been collecting dust for a new card. Well, I have plenty of those stamp sets on my shelf and it was fun to revisit them!



Here are the cards I made, even though I missed the deadline. Justin has been invited to two birthday parties over the next two weekends, and they are both for 2 boys each. So I am in need of 4 birthday cards for boys ranging from 6-8 years old. I used Nice & Easy Notes, and some old dp that's been hanging around in my collection. I also bought these alpha brads ages ago and decided to use some of them up. I did discover in this process that I don't have many sets for this age group. Lots of my sets are very girly. So much for my resolution to not purchase anything new this year!!

On another note, I went to a Stella and Dot jewelry trunk show the other night. Have you seen this jewelry? It's so pretty!! I usually only wear my wedding rings, another ring from DH and my Tiffany diamond pendant, but I got myself some new stuff. Couldn't resist. It has already shipped and I should be getting it next week! Yippee for spending money on me :)

I hope you are all getting ready for a good weekend. DH is on another trip and will be home tomorrow. He was home this week on Thursday. That's it. It doesn't get any better till March! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Isn't it nice to clear out some stuff to justify new purchases though? Ha! So fun with all those primary colors!