Monday, September 20, 2010

The Technique That Strikes Fear...



I love to learn new techniques, but one that always makes me break out in a cold sweat is machine stitching on cards. So many people do it so beautifully, and I have a hard time even setting my machine to the right stitch! Today, though, I tackled the old beast and think this cards turned out fairly well. At least it wasn't ruined by totally wonky stitching!

The papers are from the Basic Grey Origins pack again. They were still out on my desk, and when I saw the CPS 185 sketch, I knew I wanted to use them again. The tree is a little stamp from Inque Boutique (who aren't even around anymore!). I paper pieced the top of the tree with some of the dotted BG paper. The ribbon is a piece of taupe grosgrain which is really close to kraft in color. The image is cut using Nesties and the sentiment is Verve. This card also counts as another entry into the Embellish Magazine challenge - light green, dark green, yellow and kraft along with paper piecing. I did not use MFT stamps this time, though.

I'm now working on some Halloween cards which I hope to actually get in the mail in time. I also have several birthday cards that I MUST get out the door this week. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is very cute! Love that fun tree! Great job with CPS 185!!

♥♥♥Lea

Mariana Grigsby said...

I love that fun patterned paper!!! The tree looks super cute! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sarah Martina said...

Oh that BG paper is just yummy!!! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!