Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ever Have a Card Kick Your Butt?

OMG! The idea for this card has been swimming around in my head since I saw this tutorial on Poekietoe's Corner. One small problem that I knew had to be encountered right away was the conversion from centimeters to inches. Not so difficult, if you have the right ruler (luckily, I did!). However, the construction of this card took me most of the afternoon, with a short break to put ds to bed and then have dinner with dh. It sapped all my creative juices for the day and after this post I am retiring to my comfy bed to snuggle under the down comforter and try to keep warm...

Here it is: A Hanna Viewmaster! What girl can choose between new bags and new shoes? Of course we need them all :) The base is Bazzill Basics shimmery purple textured cs. The dress is paper pieced, as are the bags. Please forgive me for not saving the dp makers and patterns. They might be under the pile o' stuff on the desk, but I'm not digging for them right now. The yellow is a nice buttery color IRL and the sentiment is stamped with Lavendar Lace ink. Hanna is colored with my NEW Prismacolor pencils and blended. The flower is a Prima with a tiny piece of flower glitter in the center.
I hope you enjoy this card. I can't look at it any longer because all I am seeing are the little things that should be tweaked to improve it. And I really have to get to bed. DS was in my face begging for breakfast at 5:38 this morning. I growled at him to go back to bed. He did, and returned at the more acceptable time of 7:15 only to remind me that one of my resolutions is to not get angry and yell, which is what I did at 5:38... Oh, the minds of the babes!


With that, good night and keep warm! Thanks for looking :)

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

Very cute card!

Maria said...

Hi Melissa,

There's a similar template by Coluzzle called "Spinner Card" #44. It's a no hassle way of creating that card but it'll cost you. I think it runs about $15 or so.

Your Hanna card is very pretty. I love how you paper-pieced her dress.

Thank you for sending me your mailing address!

Maria

Tania said...

I'm glad somebody could use my tutorial! Very nice done! I hope Hanna didn't spend to much money ;-)