Monday, January 21, 2008

Warm Thoughts for a Cold Day

Friday afternoon, I left work early and came home to stamp. I am waaaaaay behind on challenges, but had an idea for the SCS Sketch Challenge 159. The last release by CHF Kim Hughes Collection included this cute set called Hugs and Kisses that can be used for winter, Valentine, and all occasion cards. I am loving it and can't wait to see the new releases tomorrow :) DH is going to take my wallet away soon if he finds out how much I've been shopping!
Here's the card. Of course, bad stamper that I am, I don't have the proper name for the DP. It's some that I won in a blog candy along the way. The ribbon is from Target dollar spot. Image is colored with Prismacolors and blended. Oh, and I used my new Spellbinders oval dies to mat the main image. Can't wait to get more shapes!
I have to give a little commercial for the adhesive I used on this project. UHU was giving away samples of the new Scrapbooker's Glue Pen and that's the adhesive I used. Go and get yourself a sample if they are still available. This stuff is STICKY! The tip is slanted to give smooth application and the adhesive has "less liquid and more glue ingredients than ordinary liquid glues." Since I'm always afraid my creations will fall apart, I am very liberal with adhesive. I was a little more conservative applying this new product, and let me tell you, this card is NOT falling apart!
Off to stamp more - it's a holiday and ds is at school, so the day is MINE :) Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

BarbK said...

Melissa, this card is so vibrant with the colours you used. Great job.

Kathy W said...

Melissa, this is a great color combo! (My son's favorite color is orange, so I collect a lot of orange DP) Love the way the ribbon is knotted in several places. Thanks for sharing and giving us an extra bingo number.

Mona Lisa said...

Oh these creations are so adorable!!!

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Lisa Strahl