Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Usually Not Excited About Valentine's Day...

But with all my new stamps and toys, I'm embracing any holiday there is as a reason to make cards! Recently, I was the lucky recipient of the Kim Hughes collection Hugs and Kisses, available from Cornish Heritage Farms. Be sure to check out Kim's blog - her cards are beautiful and she gives little tips with each post. ALL of the stamps are so cute, I have been itching to play with them. This weekend, I made the time. Chores and laundry can wait :)
This card also follows SCS Sketch Challenge 157. The dp is from DCVW Mini Stack 3. The base is Certainly Celery, the shimmery orange panel under the sentiment is Bazzill Basics, Spoiled Brat, I think. The blue is from my scrap pile, and the ribbon is from SU! I believe. The hardware is from a few pieces I got somewhere. Sometimes there is too much stuff to track where it comes from!

The butterfly is from SU! Border Builders, and the inks are Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal and Basic Black. Oh and the base card is stamped in CC with one of the SU! Beyond the Basics backgrounds. The image is colored with Prismacolors and blended. Can I say how much I LOVE my new Prismacolors? So many color choices!!

Almost time for the Amazing Race. One of only 3 shows a week I MUST watch. Hope you all had a good weekend. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

I love the mailbox, it is too cute :) I don't have one of those for Valentines, lots of hearts and stiff but nothing with mailboxes. I think I am gonna have to look into this set :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog and joining in on "JoAnna's Jems"

JoAnna