Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Fever Challenge Day 2

Today's challenge at the Spring Fever Challenge was to make a 4x4 card, NO patterned paper, and only black and white for colors. 4x4 is one of my favorite cards to make, so while I was at work, I sketched out this one. I finally got a chance to bring it to life after dinner, a massive temper trantrum from DS, and getting him to bed. UGH, tantrums are few and far between, but MAN does he have a temper!



Anyway, on to the card. The stamp is SU! Lexicon of Love. The polka dot ribbon is from Verve Visual (May Arts), and the flowers are a small punch I have had for a while. I think I got it in the dollar bin at Michael's. For the upper left corner, I punched the flowers in the black panel so the white base shows through. For the lower right corner, I used those punched flowers. I applied Hero Arts rhinestones to the centers. The only other thing I did was tear the black triangle to give a little texture. Easy Peasy! I think it took all of 10 minutes - a record for me.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Love your card....you did a great job. Thanks for playing....see you tomorrow.

Annapurna said...

Very elegant and beautiful! I am gonna have to remember your design.

Karen said...

Very nice. I like the split negative technique on your card.

Heather said...

I love this card! So classy- you can't go wrong with black and white and I love the daisy accents!

Rachel Webber said...

Lovely card - I love the monochrome look, very stylish

Elisabeth said...

I love this card! So easy and elegant! Awesome job!