Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Thank You Times Two

Well, I never did get to re-working the previous card (Sorry to keep you waiting, Anna!) Maybe this week I'll get to it. We spent Saturday visiting with friends we have not seen in over a year, then Sunday I decided to rearrange my craft room. My desk was right under the window, which was great in theory, but not when the sun was shining directly down, glaring off the papers into my eyes. It was rough to work there in the direct sun! So now I am on the other side of the room, and the sun does shine in the afternoon, but no longer directly on my desktop. There is a great amount of natural light, without the glare :)

Also, DH went out yesterday and got himself (ok, us) a Wii. How fun! We played bowling and tennis last night for a good while. It was his birthday Friday, so he deserved it (especially since I am so lame with gifts that I didn't have a chance to get him anything).

Yesterday I did get a little time to create, in between playing "Target" with DS. When it was his turn to "shop" I colored some images, then cut them in stages. Here are the cards I put together because I had the images already stamped and felt like coloring. Then I realized I had the striped paper that matched the colors I chose for the tulips. Don't you love when coordination just happens and you don't have to work so hard for it? The dp is from Target, the card base is Marigold Morning, and the green layer is Certainly Celery. The pink layer is scrap. Ribbon is from Target also. Stamps are SU! Nice & Easy Notes.
I'll have more time to play tomorrow, I hope. I took the day off work, and DS came home from preschool today with a fever. So we'll be home all day, except to run to the doctor. Hopefully he'll get a good night's sleep and fight it off. It's only been about 3 weeks since he was sick last time!

I hope you all are enjoying the extra hour of sunshine in our days! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Annapurna said...

Ooh! I love these cards. Nice colors
btw, you are tagged. Check my blog for details on how to play.
xx