Friday, June 20, 2008

CPS #69 - Very Pink!!

Here is my first "shabby" card. I picked up this lace at the craft store a couple weeks ago and just didn't know how to use it. Then I saw this CPS sketch and it fell into place. Although this card is not my usual style, I am really pleased with it and will be making more shabby cards in the future! Because of the size of the card, it was hard to get a good photo of it. I hope you can click on it to see the details.
I used my Nestabilities to make the center scalloped frame. Inside the frame is a large flower (Making Memories, I think) that I stamped with the French Script Background stamp in Pretty in Pink ink. To the main flower, I added a 5 petal punched flower and a small daisy punched flower with a pink rhinestone brad. DP is from the Basic Grey Perhaps 6x6 pad. I love these patterns, they are so soft and flowery and perfect here (in my opinion!).
I made the flag for the Congratulations sentiment, and the Cherished sentiment is a chipboard sticker from Making Memories. It is all mounted on a 4 x 9 inch Very Vanilla card base.
This card is currently on it's way to the recipient, and I truly hope she doesn't read this entry before it arrives!!
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Krista B. said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the shabby feel to it : ) The lace looks amazing!

Rachel Webber said...

What a fabulous card, love it & you've given me an idea what to do with a small amount of lace I have lying about!

debby4000 said...

beautiful, love the use of the lace.

Charity Hassel said...

oh, lovely! great use of the cps sketch and who wouldn't love this card!

Hels Sheridan said...

Love this card, it is stunning x

Chrissy D said...

This is very pretty! Love the lace and your stamping on the flower. TFS!