Friday, June 6, 2008

National Gardening Day Inspiration - LSC171

Today's Limited Supplies Challenge over on SCS was to celebrate National Gardening Day, National Doughnut Day or National Yo-Yo Day. After picking a huge bowl of strawberries from my backyard garden, I was inspired to make this card. I am pleased with how it came out, although the details took forever. I used Stickles, Puffy Paint and Diamond Glaze on the three different images. The letters are chipboard letters I got for a RAK from Teri Suzuki, ribbon is from Ribbons and Bows Oh My! The stamps are Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms, stamped with Chocolate Chip and Pixie Pink ink. The background dp is Berry Bliss, and the base is textured Bitter Chocolate from Bazzill. The other pieces are scraps. For the image panels, I used 3 different Nestabilities squares. The sketch is from Di Hickman, on May 28th.
Here's the card:
Here's the inspiration (about to become Strawberry Shortcake tomorrow!):
Honestly, I don't know where this week went! I am so glad it's Friday, I ended up taking half the day off work just so I could get some things done. Hope you all have a nice weekend! It's going to be blisteringly hot here this weekend, so we'll be testing out our newly replaced A/C system. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Jami said...

love this card!!! The strawberries are so cute.

Liz said...

Ooh this is gorgeous - definitely yum!

Btw I'm giving away some beady blog candy, don't forget to pop along and join in!

Liz x

Heather said...

Wow- this is a great card- I love the layout and the colors and all the embellishments!

Unknown said...

okay now I'm hungry...

Fabulous card!

Rosie said...

Hi Melissa - yum is the perfect word for your card and the strawbs that inspired it!! Thanks for your comment, I do so agree with you... perfection is not in my remit!!
Rosie SBS12 Sistah!