Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Card That Almost Broke Me


With the new Verve release on the horizon (tomorrow!!), I decided to give Julee's sketch challenge a try. In my mind, this was an easy card to make. In reality, the background and sentiment gave me so much trouble that it took 4 tries to get it done, and I'm still not 100% happy with it. The trouble was that I did not let my Versamark ink dry enough on the stars before trying to emboss the sentiment, and the EP stuck to some of the stars. So then I tried to stamp the stars with Real Red, but that didn't dry fast enough either and the EP stuck to that! Finally, I did the stars, waited a bit, then did the sentiment. But there are still some stray parts of EP that show up! Oh, well, it's done.

My brother is graduating high school next month and this will be his card. The set is Seeing Stars from Verve. I love it, and it's great for masculine cards.

I am going out of town for the weekend, so will be without my stamps for a few days. But I'll be back next week with more creations! I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend (in the US) and a great weekend if you live elsewhere. Thanks for looking!

No comments: