Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Have a "Tool" Birthday!


My stepfather's birthday is Sunday, and I bought this SU! Totally Tool set with him in mind. I can't use another car image for a card for him this year! On silver paper, I stamped and cut out all the tools, without the sentiments, and added some color with Bic Markit markers. They are hung on a piece of Kraft that I brushed with Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip to make it look like a peg board. It is also pierced for the peg holes. The tools are attached with pewter brads, as is the sentiment. I am very pleased with the final result!!

I'm off to get my hair cut and probably to grab some lunch. I have been SO hungry today I feel like I could eat the house! Hopefully later today I'll have more time to stamp. Gotta get those graduation invitations done (40 of them), not to mention the Mother's Day cards!! Yikes there are lots of things coming up. Hope you are all having a good day. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Great idea making the pegboard for the tools. I also like your textured background here. Nice card; thanks for sharing.