Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Shower Favors

This past weekend, I traveled to NH to attend a baby shower. Do you remember when my mom came to visit in May and we worked on the secret project? That project was the party favors, but I didn't want to post in case the guest of honor read my blog! Here they are, inspired originally by these onesies created by kimzeich on Splitcoast.





I decided that since the baby is a girl, we needed to modify the onesie into a dress. It was really quite simple, just took us alot of time. They began as 4 1/4 inch square cards. The dp was cut the same size, but trimmed with the scalloped edge punch along the bottom, then adhered to the card base. Next, we cut the neckline and sides for the dress shape. The card was opened and the sleeves were scalloped. DP is from DCWV, Nana's Nursery Baby Girl pad. The patterns in the 4x6 pad were the perfect scale for these little dresses. Inside, we attached small bags of pastel chocolates. They were a huge hit at the party!!

Now, I am trying to get back into the swing of things. DH and I are tag-team parents lately, between his business trips and my traveling for pleasure before baby comes in September. We will be headed back to NH next week for a high school graduation, then I have a girls' weekend planned in July. Summer is already booking up quickly! I hope you all have a good week and thanks for looking!

No comments: