Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two Down, Two to Go




My DH and I have mixed families, which means there are lots of cards to make come Mother's Day and Father's Day. Here are the cards I made for his dad and stepdad. Still to be done are my stepdad's card, and a card for DH. Actually, the latter is made, but I can't post it in case he peeks at my blog!

For the first card, I used Furnished with Love and embossed the fan. I masked the sentiment from the image and then stamped it along with "you're" from one of my Verve stamps. The black layer on the banner is twill tape. For the second card, I used some of the Amy Butler paper that has been in my scrap stash for a while. I love it, but was reluctant to use it up. I have enough for a few more cards that I will save for a later occasion. The image is from Lovely as a Tree, stamped in True Thyme. The blue layers are scrap and the sentiment is from MFT. The square snaps are from my never-ending stash of embellishments.

Today, it's time to clean the bathrooms and do the dusting. Yippee. I may make myself do the bathrooms before allowing myself time in the craft room. This weekend we are headed to NH again and I also have to be sure our laundry is done before we go. So the next few days will be busy, but I do have a few more things to post. I hope you are having a good week and the sun is shining in your neck of the woods! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

craftyrachel said...

These are great cards! I really like the fan stamp on the first card and the square brads on the second card. The squares and ovals look great together.