Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pretty Pleased With Myself On This One...


I really don't like to toot my own horn too much, but I am so pleased with how this card came out!! Toot Toot!! There, I'm done.

The great sketch is from Mary Jo at Techno Stamper. I was running out of days this week to complete the sketch challenge, but had some good nap time yesterday from Carter. The main butterfly is cut with a Cuttlebug die and embossed, then bling-ed up with pearls, rhinestones and my Sakura Stardust pen. The dp is (you guessed it) BG Sultry. The base is Melon Mambo. The sentiment is from CHF Birthday Centers and is traced with the Stardust pen as well.

Here you can see why I love this card so much - I used the main tag panel to hide a gift card! It is raised up on foam tape and is sized just bigger than the gift card so it slides in and out. I even decorated the inside of this card, which I never take the time to do. What a great finishing touch, though!


Well, time to run and get DS to gymnastics class, then hopefully a haircut. Today is Carter's 3-month birthday as well.

Time is FLYING!!! Hope you are all having a good day. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

MJ said...

This is a super fun card, what a beautiful butterfly! I love that it is a gift holder, great idea! Thanks so much for playing along.

Allison Rankin said...

That is a gorgeous card...and the peekaboo tag is awesome for a gift card hiding place! And Carter looks like a sweetie...even if he does have sleepy eyes...ha ha!