Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baby Girl Gifts

Today I continued on the girly-girl path and made a monogram frame to match the card I made yesterday for our friends' new daughter.  Also today I want to show the onesies, because I want to get them in the mail this week.
I had this dollar frame in my stash of alterables for quite a while, and today it jumped out at me.  I got this great outline alphabet from Mandarin Pixie before they closed last year, and it's just the right size.  The papers are DCWV and Bazzil.  I used craft store acrylic paint to paint the frame, and the ribbon is American Crafts.  I did stamp the flourishes in Close to Cocoa, but since I don't have craft inks, it faded to a gray.  The flowers are Primas and the centers are Queen and Co Mini Sprinkles brads.

Below are the onesies. I used the directions from Taylor, but went one step easier and bought the cute patterned iron-on patches instead of using fabric with Heat N Bond.  It helped me because the patches were all coordinated!  I think I should have set the ink in the dryer before washing the onesies, because it did fade.  Any comments on this process for me?  I didn't have Palette Hybrid ink, so used Staz-On.  The diaper on the baby is paper pieced.  The butterflies are from Verve, the hearts are from Kim Hughes for CHF.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw these are so sweet and I love the picture and card! :)

By the way, my blog has moved here.

Happy new year Melissa!

Liz xxx