Saturday, January 17, 2009

Triangles? Tough, But Fun

The Techno Stamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch 52 this week had a great layout, but the triangles were a little tricky. I have no triangle dies or templates, and had to do math to get mine right. And you can see they are still a little lopsided. Oh, well, it was still a fun sketch to tackle and I like how my card turned out.



I used Liquid Pearls for the icing on the cupcakes, and Stickles for the cherries. The dp is from the DCWV mini stack 3 and the other papers are from my stash. I think the orange is Bazzill. Images are from MFT Icing on the Cake.

We are enjoying a quiet weekend, and I have Monday off, too. DS will be going to school and I will have a quiet day by myself. If it stays cold there's no reason to go out other than to drop him off and pick him up. DH will be traveling again most of this week, so I'll take some time for me tomorrow, too. Selfish, I know, but it's all on my shoulders when he is out of town. I honestly don't know how single mothers do it. They certainly have my respect!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Well, that is adorable! Love it. I really like the cupcakes on both sides with the sentiment in the middle. So cute! Thanks for playing--I know it was harder than usual.

craftyrachel said...

That is a great card. I love the little cupcakes! You did a nice job of pulling all the colors together.