Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome, Baby Girl!

Not in my house, LOL!  We are all boy here, but our best friends just had a baby girl the week before Christmas and I was finally able to make a card and some onesies for her today.  (K- hope you aren't reading this!)  They will be calling her Rory, and she is just too precious for words!  
I have seen this Inkadinkado stamp used all over blogland and finally found it for myself at Joann a few weeks ago.  I never go into the local store, just shop online, so I didn't realize they had these stamps.  The best part - they were only 50 cents on clearance!  For the card, I paper pieced the diaper and colored the baby with Prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS.  The dp is from DCWV Spring Stack and I added "welcome" to the bottom panel.  Velvet rick rack is from American Crafts, and flowers are Primas.  I used the tiny Sprinkles brads from Queen and Co along the top and as a flower center.  

The layout is courtesy of Mary Jo at Techno Stamper.  This is the first time in several weeks that I have gotten to complete her sketch challenge on time.  Now that the holiday madness is over, I have time to get to all the "other" things on my to-do list :)  Challenges are near the top of that list, after exercising!

I will share the onesies tomorrow.  It is late and I am ready to head to bed with a book.  I hope the New Year is treating you all well so far.  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

MJ said...

How cute! I have this stamp, never used it though, lol. You did a fabulous job with this layout, love the flowers and the ribbon on the bottom. Darling, thanks so much for playing along this week!