It's a good thing I didn't resolve to post more cards this year - I would have failed already! I have resolved to spend more time with family, and to use up the materials in my craft room. So with DH out of town for the weekend, DS and I had some crafty time this afternoon. He did some Perler bead trucks and cars and I got to get a few cards done.
In November, I received a UHU Glue Roller sample and chose this sketch from Mary Anderson to copy. With the craziness of the end of the year, I just didn't get it done until today. I used a River Rock base, and some dp that was in my stash. The buttons are from Joann and tied with embroidery floss (and should be in a diagonal line, but I messed up on the bottom one, then the paper tore when I tried to remove it. So yes, it's different from the original sketch!) The sentiment is made with Heidi Grace rub on letters and the stitching on the ribbon is a Martha Stewart rub on. The satin ribbon is from Target's Christmas clearance LAST year.
The UHU glue roller was very easy to work with and boy, that stuff really sticks! I used it with no problems on both the paper and the ribbon. The ribbon is laid down very smoothly and is very secure under the dp panel. The dispenser was a nice size and was easy to maneuver in my hands, which can be very clumsy! I will definitely be buying more of this when I need a strong, permanent adhesive.
This card also fits the Stamp Something Challenge from Friday in which NO stamps were allowed! Hopefully this week I'll have more posts. BIG changes are coming around here, so I may be sketchy for a while, but hope to escape to the craft room a couple nights a week. Thanks for looking!