Monday, December 15, 2008

I Just Love This Project!

I often like the projects I get done, but I *LOVE* this one! DH asked me to make a set of gift cards for one of his administrative assistants. I recently ordered the Kim Hughes Nature's Silhouettes from CHF and have been wanting to use it. This was the perfect opportunity!

The card bases and inks are the '07 In Colors - True Thyme, Marigold Morning, Soft Sky and Vintage Violet. These are still some of my favorite colors and I have a ton of paper in each. I used the rectange scalloped and straight rectangles to cut the shapes and ran the vanilla layer through the Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots. The ribbons are all American Crafts and match quite nicely with the SU! colors.

Inside the cards, I attached a sheet of white paper and stamped the coordinating print in the lower right corner. My camera for some reason does not want to take a photo of the inside - I think there's too much white space to focus on. The box is the A2 card box template from SCS and I decorated the top with smaller versions of the images from the cards. In total there are 8 cards in the set - 2 of each color.
I hope she likes it! Now, I'm off to work and this week is filled with final preparations for DS's birthday party on Sunday, then it's off to the last minute Christmas rush. I have not had time to make cookies this year, but shopping is done and I even mailed a few packages this weekend! We put up our tree yesterday and it's finally starting to feel like Christmas around here. My to-do list is long, but manageable. I hope yours is too :)

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

craftyrachel said...

Wow! I can see why you are proud of this. It is simply stunning. The colors and images work so well together. I like the ribbon going across each of the cards, also. Bravo, Melissa!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT set of cards! She is going to love them...anyone would love them...the colors are fantastic and the ribbons go so well...everything goes so well together!

Wonderful gift you have made!