Friday, December 5, 2008

Paper Craft Planet Saturday Sketch

This past Saturday, there was another great sketch posted on the Paper Craft Planet site. I didn't get this card finished until Wednesday night, but luckily yesterday morning was nice and sunny and I could get a decent photo of it. I knew if I tried to use a flash, there would be glare off the acetate and the embossed sentiment.The image is from Angel, and I decided to turn the sketch into a winter shaker card. The "snow" is Martha Stewart coarse glitter. The window frame is embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and the sentiment is from Mandarin Pixie. I had forgotten that I even bought this set of sentiments, but look how great they are for embossing! Nice crisp bold lettering :)

The ribbon pieces are from my stash and are attached with button brads. DP is last year's Christmas stack (which I am determined to use up this year!). For a final touch, I inked the edges of the card base with red ink. Overall card size is 5 1/2" square.

We have a birthday party to attend this weekend, but other than that I think we are unscheduled and everyone is healthy. So hopefully I can squeeze some time in for crafting. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so cute!! I love the ornament in the bird's mouth!! CUTE!!!

Rachel Webber said...

Love that bird & what you have done is fabulous. Glad to see you are using the images I sent - just let me know if you would ever like any more.