Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another Sympathy Card...

I should never have ordered the In Loving Memory set from Little Paper Shop! (They were on sale, and I wanted to have them on hand) I have cursed myself, and the set is not even here yet. I got news this morning that my Step-Father's sister passed away yesterday. It was not entirely unexpected, as she has suffered from complications of obesity for years, and was completely unwilling to change her lifestyle. However, in the past 5 years, my Step-Father has lost his mother, a brother, now a sister, so my heart goes out to him.
This card came together from a new set I won from Joanne. They are Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets, called Wildflowers. It also emcompasses Sharon's No Time to Stamp? challenge of black and white plus one. The plus one is True Thyme, partially because I really like that color and partially because I could not find any Kraft scraps near the top of my pile. The sentiment is SU! So Many Sayings, applied with the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I used Brilliance Moonlight White for the flowers and accented them with my Spica glitter pen, and a touch of the Glaze Pen.

The corners of the main panel have been altered with the Ticket Corner Punch, and I added a dot of Black Glaze Pen for accent. The ribbon is gorgeous May Arts silk ribbon that I got long ago from Verve Visual.
Can you believe tomorrow is June 1st? Yikes!! I hope you are all ready for summer! Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is really wonderful!!! I love how the true thyme takes on a neutral effect with the black and white -- a color I never would have thought to use, and it looks wonderful -- thank you!! I am so glad you played!!!