Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chippy Frames

DS was content to "be busy" with me in the craft room yesterday, and I was able to complet the Ways To Use It challenge on SCS. It was to use chipboard on a project. I got these very cute letters from Teri a while ago and have been wanting to use them. Yesterday was the day the lightbulb went on over my head and out came these IKEA picture frames!

I made one frame each for our nieces, who live in AZ. They are girly-girls and I think they will like them. I used Berry Bliss dp from SU! and added some ribbons and primas for a bit of decoration. Can I say how much I LOVE Mod Podge??? Every time I use it, I am amazed at how that stuff sticks. These letters are not falling off the frames! It's hard to see the pink pattern in the photo. It's been raining here and the lighting was not great in my craft room last night.As I was cruising around the web today, I spotted the Scotch ATG gun at Overstock.com for $49.99 with $2.95 shipping. Has anyone purchased from them? I'd like to hear some feedback before placing an order. They also had a bunch of Nestabilities listed, who knows if they're actually in stock or will be backordered.

Tonight, I am babysitting my girlfriend's daughter, and will be alone with her and my DS. Hopefully they will cooperate at bedtime and I will get to play some more. If not, I will have to wait until Sunday, when the boys give me some quiet time to craft. I've been in a pink rut lately, and have to use more colors before you all get sick of seeing it! We have some birthdays and my brother and SIL are celebrating 15 years of marriage next month. I'll see what I can come up with for them. I might just have to go to IKEA to get more frames, too :)

Hope you all have a nice Friday! Thanks for looking!

No comments: