Monday, May 19, 2008

I Am Smitten...

...With the new Verve Visual stamp sets! I splurged on Friday and bought the entire May Flowers package. It arrived today - how fast is that? Utah to New Jersey over the weekend!! Julee Rocks!

They are gorgeous, and stamp an image so smoothly, I am so happy with that splurge purchase. I used them immediately to tackle the Try a New Technique Challenge at Splitcoast, which was to make a double pocket bag. I will definitely be making more of these, and also making some little notecards to tuck inside this one. That will have to wait till tomorrow night, though.

For today's bag, I used some CTMH paper that was in my stash. The stamps are from the Floral Whimsy set from Verve. I used my glaze pen over the word "beauty" in the sentiment, and my Spica glitter pen over the flowers. I stamped the vase twice, once on the paper and once to cut and mount over the ribbon. Ink colors are Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Cameo Coral. Ribbon is grosgrain from Ribbons and Bows, Oh My. Below are close ups of the sentiment and the flowers.


Have a good night, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Jami said...

Beautiful card.

Annapurna said...

Love what you did with the image and the sentiment. Very pretty.
I downloaded the sheet load template, but never got around to it. Pretty thank you cards too.

Unknown said...

i have this bag on my list of things to try. thanks for letting me know it's easy...that's more motivation! thanks for stopping by at milkallergymom, too.

craftyrachel said...

I really like what you have done with this. The paper and stamp go very well together. Great choice of colors, too!

Cindy Vernon said...

This is fab! Don't you just love sheetload? I saw that you got your package, I'm glad you like it. Still no baby...

Cindy Vernon said...

This is fab! Don't you just love sheetload? I saw that you got your package, I'm glad you like it. Still no baby...

Melissia said...

Fabulous project!