Thursday, May 29, 2008

CPS 66 - Summer!

Last week, Cindy sent me this adorable summer paper from the Paper Patch. The patterns are Sunshines and Aqua Summer Plaid. When I saw the CPS sketch for the week, I knew I wanted to use these papers to celebrate summer. I used my Curvy Cutter to make the circle card from Marigold Morning cs. Then I used my Nestabilities to make a scalloped circle of each pattern, and cut them in half to mount them on the card. The larger aqua circle is a piece of scrap puched with the Marvy Giga Scallop Circle punch, and the small scallop with the image is cut from my Nestabilities. I sponged the edges of the small scalloped circle with Marigold Morning ink, then used an aqua gel pen to make the dots in the scallops. The stamp is from A Little Love and I added bling to the flip-flops with rhinestones. To make the piercing on the aqua scallop stand out, I outlined them with a white gel pen. On the patterned scallop, the piercings are outline with my Spica Glitter pen. The ribbon is from Target and I used Yellow Stickles in the centers of the suns on the ribbon. Fun and summery, no?

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Lea L. said...

This card is so adorable...I am loving all the scallops!! Great job with sketch 66...thanks for participating at CPS this week!

I am doing a little RAK on my blog...check it out if you like!
~Lea

Annapurna said...

Very nice. The slippers look like googly eyes when you look at the smaller picture. The sympathy card you made is very beautiful too.

Charity Hassel said...

cute colors and like the scallops and flip flops! thanks for using the cps sketch!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE your card!! How adoralbe!! Those papers are great!! Fabulous job!!