Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today, It's Just Me and My Stamps!

DH's gift to me today was the opportunity to use my day as I wish. He has already taken DS to the park, gotten him lunch, and put him down for a nap. Between laundry and a shower, here's what I've produced so far on my day off.

Each Friday, Taylor posts a sketch for her Cupcake Challenge. Each Friday, I print them off. Each week, they get pushed aside as other things come up. Today's the day I pulled her challenge from the pile and completed it! Yeah, me :)
I used the Hugs and Kisses set from Kim Hughes, available from Cornish Heritage Farms. I am saving my allowance this month to make a big purchase of some backgrounders from CHF. The hardest part is deciding which ones to make mine, they have SO many great ones! The strawberries are covered in red stickles. The papers are CTMH on a Certainly Celery base. The other panels are from my scrap pile. I used the new SU! twill that I have received in RAKs recently, and used my Crop-a-Dile to put the holes in the scallops, which were made using a corner rounder punch.

Have a great Sunday! Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Taylor said...

Wooohoooo!! So glad you had a chance to play with the sketch this week! Your card turned out really cute! Hope to see more of your cards in future challenges!

Kim Ross said...

*LOVE* your card! Kim Hughes is my new favorite stamp designer. Great job! :)

BarbK said...

Great card, Melissa. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Dawn said...

sounds like you had a great day Melissa! Great job with the card!

Unknown said...

What a fun card...and who dosn't need chocolate hugs? With glitter no less :)

Love it

Jami said...

LOVE this card. The strawberries are tooooo cute.

Cindy Vernon said...

Happy Mother's Day Melissa! You're so lucky you got to stamp!