Sunday, May 25, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #17!

I just love the sketch Taylor posted this week for the Cupcake Challenge, #17. Here's what I had in my mind, that actually made it onto paper today. My card is full of cupcakes, and I am very pleased with it.

I used Cuppacakeabella, an image I got from my SBS Sister Rachel. Don't you just love this Bella? She was tons of fun to color, and I used my Prismacolors and blended with OMS. The sentiment, the cupcake stamps on the side and the shadow under the main cupcake are from MFT, Icing on the Cake. The sprinkles on the cupcakes is the tiny flower stamp from Verve Visual's Floral Whimsy. The dp is Miss Elizabeth's from the dollar store and the panels are mounted on yellow and purple scraps. The small cupcakes are cut and mounted on pop-dots and have red rhinestones for cherries. The large cupcake has red Stickles for a cherry, and a stem drawn with a black glaze pen. The ribbon is from the craft store and I paper pierced the white panels to dress them up a bit.
I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend - one more day to go! DH left for Europe on business today, so it's just me and DS for the week again. Let's hope he cooperates better than last time! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute! I love the three cupcakes you added on the left... the perfect embellishments! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Annapurna said...

I love the colors and images on this card. Very lovely!

Jami said...

I love this card. The little cupcakes are a great touch.

Heather said...

Great card!

Cassie said...

this card is CUTE!!