Sunday, November 9, 2008

Suggestive Sunday - Non-Traditional Christmas

The latest challenge posted by Allison was to make a card with non-traditional colors for Christmas. Here's my creation, inspired by this ribbon I found at the Target dollar spot this week. I love this The Cat's Pajamas image, on which I embossed the bear (took 3 tries to get it just right!), pieced the water and gift. The background is embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflake folder. Attached to the ribbon are vellum snowflakes that I sponged with ink.It took me all week to find time to get this one done, but it's been in my head for days. Today we finally have sunshine to take a picture, too! Maybe I'll find more stamping time today. DH is headed off for a business trip later today and will be gone all week, but my mom is coming today and staying through Tuesday, so DS will have a playmate. Enjoy your Sunday and Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Melissa. Gla dto hear your RAK arrived and I am so sorry (again), that it was late.

Liz said...

This is gorgeous Melissa! I love the vellum snowflakes too :)

Liz xxx

Allison Rankin said...

I love Cat's Pajamas...you did so well here! Stealing the sponged snowflakes idea, k? And that ribbon is just boss...very inspiring!