Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Winter Wishes

So, I got all of these cards assembled and realized that the Spray Mount adhesive I used isn't going to hold. Now I get to take them all apart and re-mount them with good, old-fashioned double stick tape. GRRrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This is the first group of Christmas cards that I will be sending out. Later this week I will be working on the second group, which will feature an entirely different design. Why not all the same? Honestly, I only had 2 sheets of the dp and don't have time to get to the craft store in the next few days. DH is traveling Thursday, Friday and then again Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. And then, the holiday parties begin. 3 so far, and those are just for work!

Anyway, back to the card. This first photo is the original, but I tweaked it a bit (as seen in the second photo). The stamp is The Cat's Pajamas, Polar Holiday; sentiment is from Verve Visual, Wonderful Wishes. DP is Provo Craft Holiday Slab V. Loving that paper and I have used it so many times, it will be sad when it is gone...

I colored Knut's catch and scarf with red watercolor pencils. The gift is Stickled for sparkle. I also used the watercolor pencils and brush to shade him. I saw how Kimmie shaded him here, and tried to copy it. The ribbon is from the craft store and the sentiment tag is attached with a silver brad.

Time to go re-adhere them all with tape. Thanks for looking!