Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quick! Take A Photo While the Sun Shines!

We got a little snow overnight - just enough to be pretty on the trees, but not enough to make a mess of things. I like it that way! I wish I had the camera this morning when we were leaving to bring Justin to school, because our neighborhood cardinal was sitting in the neighbor's tree and looked so pretty against the white. He doesn't look that red in summer!

For today's card, I used the Everything Old Is New Again Challenge which you can find on Sue's blog.
The challenge this week was to find old ink pads that have not been used and incorporate them into your project. I chose Tangerine Tango, Perfectly Plum and Barely Banana. Not three colors I would immediately think of to combine, but I do like the finished product. The main image and sentiment stamps are Best Blossoms, and I used the rock and roll technique on the flowers. The background layers have French Script and CHF's Pretty Pattern. The ribbon is from my stash and the centers of the flowers are dew drops.

DH returns from a business trip tomorrow night and I can't wait! I need some SLEEP. Just when I think Carter is doing better at night, he reverts to feeding every 3 to 4 hours. The thing is, he seems genuinely hungry, so how can I let him cry? The killer is when I just get him back down at 6am and Justin comes in to wake me for breakfast at 7... If only I was a morning person!

Hope you are having a good week. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I simply love this mix of inks and I would never have thought of them in combination! And that stamp set is an old one too...super work Melissa!

Corie said...

This is so beautiful -- Love it!!

Susie said...

What a beautiful color combo. Love your card. Thanks for joining us.

Create With Joy said...

What a lovely card and a nice combo of colors - one I never would have thought of for sure!

Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com
#87 One World One Heart Giveaway :-)