Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rule Number One: Follow Directions!



I have two cards to show today because I didn't do what I'm always telling Justin to do - read the directions first! So when I originally skimmed the EONAC5 post here, I missed that it was a sketch AND color challenge. Silly me, the sketch is right there! I sat down and made this pretty daisy card yesterday with some Kaleidoscope papers I found when sorting and filling my paper rack. The stamp is Daisy Jar by CHF and the sentiment is from Verve.
The second card here actually follows the sketch Allison provided and fills the requirements of the challenge. Orange was to be the primary color, which was intimidating at first, until I found this paper! Good thing I still had some left :) The image here is from SU! Dreams du Jour. A set I had to have and haven't used until today.
I don't know why this card was such a struggle for me - it took a long time to get the elements to work together. I had a raging headache all day, and that could be why. Thankfully DH came home from his business trip and I was able to take a nap before dinner. Couldn't have taken care of the kids myself otherwise!
Have a good night. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I think you did a super job on both cards esp. using all that orange! I love the butterfly placement on the first one and all those circles are super on the second!

whoistracy said...

Oh I just love all the orange you used Melissa! What great cards. I need to use orange more- I could use a punch of color right about now with all the snow we've been getting.

Deb Rymer said...

Love the colors on this and the way you used the patterns in the paper and embossing. It all ties together beautifully!