Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Monday!


Mom came to visit this weekend and we got to scoot away for a girl's day of shopping and lunch out (only had to order for myself and not worry about ingredients for my food-allergic DS!). It was much needed.


Since I have to work Saturday, I have today off and to myself. DH is at work, DS is at day care. The plan after visiting AC Moore and Michael's this morning was to stamp the day away. However, I crashed on the couch after lunch and now it's close to time to pick up DS. Ah, the best laid plans...


Maybe I'll get some time to stamp after little one goes to bed. I got my new order from Hambo Stamps on Saturday and want to ink them up! There are bunches of birthdays coming up next month, and of course there are Christmas cards to think about.


Meanwhile, here's a birthday card I did a while ago. The colors are much bolder than I usually use and it pushed my comfort zone. I'm still torn about my feelings for it. Let me know what you think and how you might modify it. Is the background too dark? Base card too light? I'm not sure...
Cream base stamped with candles from Tags & More in red (I always love birthday candle stamps and forget I have these!). A centered blue panel is layered with an tilted red panel and topped with a white panel stamped with the candles. The white panel is also dry embossed with confetti streamers. Candles are colored with pencils but maybe not brightly enough. I used the Happy Birthday greeting from Greetings 4 You on a white strip mounted on a blue strip and attached with red eyelets.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is not bad for an early card. You have a BG, some layers and dimension. Better than mine! Thanks for playing!