Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Current Favorite

What a week! My DH was traveling for most of it, so I barely had time for myself after taking care of DS and the housework. Yesterday after work I finally sat down and puttered around with some stuff.


I just recently purchased the Delight In Life stamp set. I was eyeing it on Ebay for a while, then finally pounced and got it, with no regrets. Now the goal is to NOT reach for it since it's been used so many times since I got it...

However, my good friend's birthday was last week and I wanted to give her a really pretty card. A girly-girl card if you will (though I think I need to get some Bellas for true girly-girl stamping!). This was also an opportunity to use this Chatterbox Ribbon Stripe pp.

The background is half the Chatterbox paper, half plain pink paper. The DIL flowers are stamped in Pretty in Pink on white cs. I masked the flowers to give them more dimension. The swirls are stamped in Old Olive, stamped off one time to soften the color. The sentiment is also stamped off once in Old Olive. This white panel is mounted on pink, then brown. Ribbons are white 5/8" and pink 3/8" grosgrain. The pink is SU, the white is from a craft store.

Across the bottom, I stamped the small flower from DIL onto pink scraps, using Close to Cocoa ink. The flowers were then cut out and mounted with foam dots to give them more pop. Let me know what you think - I love to hear other opinions and see through other people's eyes!

This card just makes me smile and I hope it did the same for my friend on her birthday. My neighbor will be getting a card using this set in a few weeks and I will post that another time. Meanwhile, thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Cindy Vernon said...

HI Melissa! Very cute card. I would love to send you some stamped bella images and maybe a few extra goodies that I have lying around. When I say I have a lot of stuff, I have a lot of stuff! Email me with your current address and I'll send a special care package out to you!!! Cindy

Unknown said...

This is lovely! Congrats on your new blog! Looks great! Have a lot of fun with it!!!