Thursday, August 30, 2007

Floral Thanks



My DH has been traveling a lot for business lately, and on this last trip he got to visit with his aunt in Chicago. She is a great fun lady and he enjoyed hanging out with her and hearing the stories of all the cousins. (Oh, that sentence makes her sound old. She's really not!) We keep saying that we'll make a family trip out there and never seem to do it. We're coming soon, Aunt Patty! Promise!




This card is to thank her for her hospitality. As a 5x7 card, I wasn't happy with this design, so it is a mini 3x5 card instead. I mounted a textured mustard panel for the base and scalloped the edge of this pretty Sketchy Daisies by Stemma pp. The scallops are made with a rounded corner punch. On the light blue panel I stamped this Thanks sentiment from Lexicon of Love in Bravo Burgundy ink. Because the panel is lightly textured, it didn't stamp as clearly as I would have liked. I tied a mustard and rust ribbon (SU grosgrain) around the light blue panel and then attached it to the mustard base.


thanks for looking!


ps - why is it that you can see all the flaws in a creation when you view a photo? I always think my cards look finished and then I see the pictures and think "oh, i should have done this or that." Am I the only one?

No comments: