Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Masculine Card! With Budget Supplies!



These are really tough for me, so I like to make a masculine card every week or so. This one was done for Father's Day and given to my Stepfather. It uses one of my favorite stamp sets, Loads of Love...




Please forgive the not-so-great photo. Starting with a plain cream-colored card, I attached a blue panel across the bottom half, and topped the "seam" with this plaid strip. The paper is Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls in Olive Den Plaid.


The truck and the sentiment are stamped with navy ink onto kraft-colored cardstock (not SU Kraft) and the corners are punched using my star punch. I put the corner of the paper in so that only 1/2 of the star punched and made this cool effect. Images are colored in using colored pencils (basic Crayola if I dare admit that). To embellish the tag, I attached a strip of plaid paper folded into a "ribbon" with a coordinating navy eyelet.


This card was lots of fun to make and I hope it helps you when you need a card for a guy in your life! Thanks for looking!

No comments: