Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Miss You

My best friend lives 5 states away. Ok, they are smallish New England States. The point is, she's far away and we don't see each other nearly enough!

I made this card for her in the spring. It is much brighter than any card I usually make, but something about the color combination seemed nice. I used In the Sky and Year Round Cheer and stamped the images in Elegant Eggplant ink. The papers are dark purple and dark yellow card stock from a pack I picked up at Target on clearance. The ribbon is SU grosgrain. The sun moon and stars images are edged using pinking scissors and the strip and Miss You panels are hand torn.

Another simple card, but I think it works. Please tell me if you disagree. I like constructive criticism! I promise I won't cry :)

So, today was a crazy day at work - 3 of 5 of my employees were out. Who would think that vacations, funerals and Jury Duty would all happen on the same day? Of course all the students are waiting until the last minute to get their summer reading books and I was running around all afternoon helping them find things. Phew! I'm beat. Time to go relax on the couch with the new issue of Take Ten. Hooray!

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Very nice card Melissa - I am sure she will love it!!! *STAMPN HUGS* Alex