Monday, September 3, 2007

More Delight...

Happy Labor Day! I can't say how happy we are to have an extra day this weekend. Especially since the weather is SOOOOOOOO beautiful here. Sunny, dry, 80 degrees. Truly a great way to end the summer. We have been busy withevents and house projects all weekend, and today will be heading out again to a picnic with friends. Do we really have to return to work tomorrow?

We added on to our house a couple years ago and now have two rooms that serve as office and toy room. At first, I shared one as a craft space with my son's toys, and my husband had the other as an office. That wasn't working for me, so we moved the craft room and office together. Turns out that wasn't working for my husband (didn't like the "mess" off my projects in progress). We cracked the solution this weekend and I am now the happy owner of a Room of My Own! I will share pics later this week when the finishing touches are completed. It makes me so happy to have this space that is mine, where there are no bills waiting to be paid, no dishes waiting to be washed and no laundry waiting to be sorted! Do you feel that way about your space? Is it your escape route from the day to day stresses?

Here's a card that sums up the weekend. Delight in Life from SU!. I stamped the flower 3 times on white scrap with Vintage Violet and colored with chalks. These were cut and mounted on Pop Dots and the swirl was stamped in Vintage Violet on the yellow panel. This panel was mounted on a sage panel and then attached to the cream card base. The tag is a SU! that is stamped with the sentiment in Old Olive, with a ribbon (SU! grosgrain) and secured with a gold brad.
I hope your long weekend has been as wonderful as ours and Thanks for looking!

No comments: