Monday, October 4, 2010

A New Use for Mulberry Paper

I've seen everyone making such beautiful layered flowers with fabric, patterned paper, tissue, etc. I found some old mulberry paper in my piles of stuff and decided to give it a try myself. I used some orange and some brown mulberry paper, and cut out several sizes of Nesties Blossoms Two shapes. There are 6 layers of each size, attached with a fancy brad in the center. In real life, it just pops off the page! It will definitely need a padded envelope and extra postage, but it's worth it.

I was in the mood to make a fall card, and scrounged up my last scraps fo this Crate Paper striped pp. Not that I don't have new fall paper to use (I found an entire paper caddy of pp that I never unpacked!). I eked out a few of the rick rack shape (die from MFT) and used the rest of it on some cards I'll show tomorrow.



I hope you had a beautiful weekend. It's been gorgeous weather-wise for us. We had a huge yard sale Saturday, so my crafting time was cut out last week, and hubby was out of town all week. Yesterday, he let me take a few hours to hole up in my craft room and I cranked out several cards. I'm hoping to catch up with all the laundry today and be able to sneak back up during naptimes. Wish me luck!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: