Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prima Christmas Wreath



This card is for the Ways To Use It challenge at Splitcoast today. Julia challenged us to use an embellishment in a new way. This is the most original I could think of this morning, and was able to put the card together during Carter's naps. Not that he slept, but he was in his crib and not crying! I got down my basket of Prima flowers and found that I had a bunch of this green color that I cannot see using on a floral card. Green just doesn't say pretty flower to me. However, it is a nice color for an evergreen wreath, especially when attached with the silver, gold and red brads. The bow on the wreath is another Prima with one of the petals folded back.

The papers are Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler along with some My Mind's Eye Christmas paper. I mounted the whole thing onto Whisper White. Let me ask a question about Whisper White cs. I have a pack that seems to be rather thinner than the other SU! cardstocks I have (I have almost all the other colors!). It is marked 80lb just like the others, but it just doesn't feel as robust. Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I don't want to order another pack just to see, because the last thing I need right now is more paper! Your thoughts are appreciated :)

Here is a close up of the wreath:



Another Christmas card for the stash - yay! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

What a super fun idea! And a great way to use up some primas that I never use any more!