Monday, October 22, 2007

Better late than never...

I finally had time today to print off all the sketches from Angelosity. She is counting down to her birthday with some great sketches, and a fabulous prize package for one lucky winner!! This is the sketch from her first day of the countdown. My son is going to a birthday party Sunday and I needed a boy birthday card. I used Frances Meyer Aquatic Stripes for the pp. The stamps are from Lizzie Anne Designs (birthday hat) and Studio G (sentiment and cupcake). I colored them with pencils and blended with OMS. I watermarked the backgound with the sentiment. Brads are Making Memories and ribbon is craft store stock. Oh, and I added some glitter with my glitter marker to the cupcakes and party hats. I don't think that shows in the photo.

Simple. Cute. I'm happy that I was able to whip it together before having to go into work.

Stamp time is over for today. I have to work 12-8pm today, because we have a big program tonight on cybersafety for kids. Which means the day will be spent running around to take care of final details and nothing on my to do list will get done! Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Angel said...

I love it!! Thanks for playing along.

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the stamps you used.

Sandy said...

Hi Melissa! Glad to see you're playing along with Angel---her sketches are next on my list of to-dos, she's got some amazing candy up for grabs and some super sketches! Love what you did with this one.

Also wanted to say a belated thanks for the cardswap card---I'm slow in responding but grateful, your card is beautiful! Hopefully you'll have mine shortly! :)

Michelle B said...

Great Card! Loving those stamps.

Inky Hugs,
Michelle