Monday, October 1, 2007

Quick and Simple Birthdays



This week, I am on vacation from work!! Yippee, yahoo! I'm so excited to be able to spend some time on myself. Oh, and packing up the kitchen and cooking things for the freezer to have while we are without a kitchen... But still, the amount of time I can spend stamping, reading and relaxing is so much more than usual.

I spent this morning shopping. Went to a Michael's that is not in my regular shopping circle. It was fabulous! They had soooooo much stuff on clearance and had a fresh new batch of stamp sets in the dollar bins. I got a bunch and am saving some for a blog candy giveaway soon. Stay tuned! And if you like the Rock Star line of papers, they had a bunch of them on sale, too!

My niece's birthday is tomorrow. She lives in AZ, so yes, this card will be late. Good thing I have a "belated" stamp, huh? These two cards are nearly identical, so materials are the same. They were super quick and simple, just what I was in the mood for so I could get my mojo flowing. The base is DCWV metallic textured card stock, one in blue, one in lilac. I love this paper!! The stamps used are SU! Border Builders, stems and flowers; Chasing Butterflies by Hambo and new sentiments from Michael's. I knew when I saw the Chasing Butterflies stamp that I wanted the boy to be running through grass to make his catch. The colors are Pink Passion, Lovely Lilac, YoYo Yellow, Pixie Pink and Gable Green and Garden Green. And the sky is sponged with Bashful Blue. The boy is colored using markers and the butterfly trail is dotted with a pure glitter marker. The purple version has lilac eyelets and the blue version has small gold brads in the corners.

Hopefully there will be lots of posts this week. Till then, Thanks for looking!

No comments: