Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thankful Cards

I managed to eke out another 2 cards this weekend. I'm determined to complete at least half of the sketches before deadline!

Last night I stayed up way too late and finished sketch #10 of the 31 Days of Angelosity. I am quite pleased with this card, which is a 4" square. I tucked into the Perhaps pad from Basic Grey for the background. The stamp is SU! Small Script, stamped in True Thyme on green paper (a scrap, unaccounted for). The "staples" are lines drawn with my metallic gel pen. I pierced all around the border, then went over the holes with the metallic gel pen to make them stand out a little more. This Basic Grey dp speaks for itself - it is so gorgeous! I wanted to tuck this card into my dh's suitcase before he left on another business trip tonight, but didn't get a chance. I'll sneak it to him when he returns.


I also got to complete Sketch #5 today. We had a birthday party to attend this morning, and then tried to go to the local kids' Halloween parade which proved too scary for ds. Since the parade was a bust, we spent some quiet time "being busy." That means I start a card, he colors for about 10 minutes then starts bugging me play with him again. So I finished this card after he went to bed... Anyway, here are the details. A Rust cs, 6" by 3" in size. The dp is Frances Meyer East India which I have used probably too many times before, but I adore it. The sentiment is SU! Everyday Flexible Phrases in Really Rust and punched with the word window. Maple leaves are Lizzie Anne Designs Celebrations, stamped in Really Rust and watercolored. The ribbon is SU! grosgrain, but I'm not sure of the exact color name. My "staples" are actually stitches made with embroidery thread. DMC #400 for those of you who are curious. This is one of my favorite cards of the weekend. It just came together for me, which made it easy and fun. And isn't that why we do this - to have fun?



Time for me to turn in. I'm reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter and have to get it done so I can find out what happens! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Wow... I especially love your card for sketch 5. It's terrific!!