Sunday, October 7, 2007

WCMD Challenge #5

The stamping continues today. We are getting ready to have a barbecue with neighbors, though, so I will have to take a break until after dinner. It's been so warm here, we decided to fire up the barbecue one last time before the weather changes back to normal for this time of year.

I've been following all of the Just Johanna challenges and have been having so much fun. It's really made me think about the whole card-making process in a whole new way. I think I'll have better creations after this weekend of trying new techniques! This card is for the Faux Stitching Challenge from Durcan Designs. Details can be found here. Using a red base, I attached a two panels of the dp from Provo Craft Holiday Slab V. The images are SU! Holiday Blocks stamped on colored paper with Brilliance Moonlight White. The blocks are mounted on white squares and paper pierced and "threaded" with metallic gel pens. I hope you can see the stitching! The "ribbon" is a red striped paper from the same collection, and the sentiment is SU! Small Script popped up on PopDots. The same faux stitching is used around the oval. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome card! What a creative idea to use colored cardstock with white ink for those images (I recognize this SU! set :) I love it!